Ok, that was a typo. I’m actually nominated for the Liebster Award. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve never liked Bieber before. Even before he tweeted that he hate anime. Yup, way before that. His first song that made him famous, ‘Baby’, in it, he sounded like a girl. A girl.
Anyway, thank you dayinthelifeofateenager.wordpress.com and Transcend Gaming for the nominations! I’m very happy to be able to write and entertain you guys! Personally, it means a lot…*sniff* ’cause *sniff* I wanna *sniff* thank my parents…
This post has nothing to do with anime, almost. This Liebster award thing is kind of funny and has different versions so I’ll be following this one.
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
So, here goes the 11 random facts!
- I’m a guy. Seriously, I hate being mistaken for a girl. Not that I’ve been mistaken for one before anyway.
- I watch anime a lot. Hmph, as if you wouldn’t know that, right? Right?
- I’m an Asian, which means I’m short. What’s worse is that I’m shorter than the typical Asian. 5 feet 6, never felt better.
- I just recently watched the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Now, who said I don’t watch English films?
- I don’t watch One Piece. Surprising? Nope, considering the fact that I hadn’t heard of One Piece till there was already 400 + episodes. By now, there must be around 800 episodes. So…yeah. I’ve kind of given up catching up.
- There are only two things in life that I am thoroughly passionate about is Physics and Anime. I’m currently trying my level best to understand A-Levels Mathematics although they are kind of unforgiving, given that the reference books are all too brief. And so, my lifestyle is most of the time watching anime and studying, but that doesn’t mean I’m a shut-in. I play basketball, soccer, badminton, swimming and go out for social gatherings too. And yeah, I’m single. *wink*
- I play the piano and the trumpet in my school band too. Yeah, yeah, I bet you must think I’m that bespectacled punk blowing on the trumpet that gets his sorry butt bullied all the time. Sorry, wrong concept. I’m also the assistant conductor for an amateur orchestra at my place. How about thinking of me as Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile? *wink wink*
- I enjoy all kinds of pop-culture. Jackass? Tick. Back to the Future? Check.Taylor Swift? Hmm…. Nicki Minaj? Anaconda, no thanks…Ed Sheeran? That’s better. Anime? *Screams*
- I’m a Christian. Nope, I don’t believe in evolution and I’m not an atheist. But I do cuss like everyone else and I don’t act and do as if I’m a martyr waiting to happen. ‘Cause I’m not holy. If you’re a church going guy who is reading this, shake your head at me. I don’t mind. I listen to Hillsongs and Chris Tomlin, but I listen to metal or anime music too. Living life between two worlds. Now, that’s just me. Don’t criticize me though. Or ask me questions like if I support homosexuals or condone some other Christian’s behaviour. I don’t judge.
- I think of myself as a gentleman. Gentle to girls, man to the jerks. Guess that’s why I have a harem already. Mwahahahahahahahahaha~
- A suit is a modern gentleman’s armour. Guess like I must be from the Stone Age. Mwahahahahahahhahahahaha~
- I’m humorous. Wanna hear a construction joke? Hold on, I’m working on it.
So, here are the questions I was asked by the people who nominated me. A total of 21 questions.
1. Why did you start a blog?
Out of a whim, I guess. I’m a very fickle person and deciding stuff for myself is very, very rare but I decided to make a blog. That’s because I notice a lot of people don’t actually watch much of the hidden gems out there, like FLCL or Tokyo Ravens or 5 Centimeters Per Second etc. So, I thought making a blog with the anime community in mind with tonnes of anti-mainstream anime would be good. And also anime music. Nobody bothers listening to anime music unless it’s from their favourite anime, even though the music is distinct and unique. That’s just sad.
2. Would you rather be very creative or academic?
Hmm…that’s a tough one. Why can’t you be both? I reckon that I’m kinda both creative and academic, but if I had to choose, I’d choose academic. I’m a materialistic person and I don’t think someone can be successful in life if one isn’t academic. I’ve seen enough people with suck-ish results but with great creativity and watched them go down the drain.
3. If you could find out your future would you ?
Nope, ignorance is bliss. If I know that I would die by plane, I would have avoided planes altogether and that would be a disaster. Not to mention, paranoid.
4. Is it chance or destiny ?
What is? My life? Nope, sorry I don’t believe in chance or coincidence. Not because I’m a Christian but because there are no such things as coincidence. It just means that you don’t understand enough to begin with.
5. If you could have been born anywhere else in the world (but with the same family) where would it be?
Japan. ‘Cause I’ll have a bigger harem there. An anime-like life too. At least, I can dream about it. Hahahahaha~
6. If you could of / can choose any degree what will it be?
Hmm… Pure Physics? Fusion is an interesting subject but requires specialty in that field. E=mc2, anyone?
7. If you had to have a noise playing in your ear all day every day what would it be ?
Sound of the sea. Soothes me. Or rather because that’s a lot better than flies or thunder.
8. If you could shape shift one feature into something else, what would that feature be and then turned into? Example octopus arm.
The anime Parasyte: The Maxim comes to mind. But no, I don’t want any Parasite entering into my arm or whatever. But if I could, most probably I’ll change my shadow. Something like Pride’s shadow will do just fine. Without the personality of Pride, of course. He sounds like a brat, a cheeky one, at that.
9. What would you pick if you could have the ability to speak and understand every language, or the ability to play every instrument in the world ?
It wouldn’t matter much anyway. I’d rather just stay the way I was.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only be with one person who would that be?
Hmm…hard one to choose, ’cause I’m single and not particularly fond of the idea of any one of my family members alone with me. My best friend, maybe?
11. When did you start your blog?
I started this blog a little over 3 months ago. I had just finished the final term examination, known as SPM here and I had to fill in the void in my life that was left by the amount of studying I was used to.
12. What motivates you the most to continue blogging?
Fame? Glory? Nah, not much. If anything, it’s self-discipline.
13. What do you like most: Anime, Video Games, or Comics?
Anime, of course. But I reckon that I’m equally well-versed in every other aspect of pop-culture. I read Marvel, DC, and even Dark Horse too. I don’t have video game consoles but I do catch up by reading reviews of games on magazines like PC Gamer etc. But no doubt about it, anime’s my favourite.
14. What is your goal you wish to achieve from your blog?
Goal, huh? Haven’t thought of that actually. To touch and inspire people watching anime all over the world?
15. What is you favorite movie?
I’m a fickle person, so I’m rarely able to decide these sort of stuff for myself…What say you?
16. What kind of personality do you have?
I think I’m kind of like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at times. Around strangers, I act nice and innocent and sweet. Well-mannered person but with my friends or with people I’m familiar with, I do all kinds of stupid stuff. Think of me as Mikoshiba from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, will you? *wink* Just less shy.
17. What hobbies do you have?
I play soccer, basketball, swimming, badminton. I debate rather regularly and read a lot of Scientific American but if there’s one thing most worth mentioning here, it’s WATCHING ANIME!!!
18. Have you been to any conventions? (Anime, Games, Comics, etc.)
Unfortunately, no. There are very few of those stuff in my home country and when they do hold it, it would be either too far from home or require you to pay to enter, which is not worth it. But I would, in the near future, I hope.
19. What’s your favorite color?
I used to think that I like red the most. Maybe that’s because the Red Power Ranger was always the strongest ranger and Manchester United was the best soccer team in the time that I was younger than now. No, seriously I’m a Manchester United fan. Anyway, now I’m undecided on liking blue or red. Nope, sorry Chelsea, I’m still a MU fan. Eat that, Mourinho!!
20. Who’s your favorite YouTuber? (If any)
Gigguk. The only anime Youtuber I frequent, and boy, he always make me laugh. He may be on a real long break but I still love him. I mean, his reviews and other stuff. Chinese Electric Batman, that’s what. He’s the guy that made me notice that the SAO OST Luminous Sword is singing about Coffee and Soda. Give~ Me~ Coffee!!!!
21. Who would win in a fight between Goku, Scorpion, and Batman?
Last but not least, we have this question. My answer is Super Saiyan Frieza!! No, no, no, I don’t care what you think but my reiatsu can bomb you to kingdom come, Frieza. You look like a pussy coated in gold. Oh, yeah? What are you, stupid?? GETSUGA TENSHOU, my ***, ’cause my Rasengan will spin you and your sexual organs into oblivion!! No, no, no, you wait till enter Gear Ga-zillion! I’ll pulverise you!!
End of discussion.
And who’s Scorpion? The WWE wrestler or what?
Now, for the blogs I nominate. It’s mostly about anime but doesn’t mean I’m a virgin. Nope, yes, ok, I’m a virgin. Hey, for goodness sake, I’m 18 ok? 17 years and 3 months to be exact.
And here are the questions that I shall pose to these bloggers.
- What are your ambitions for your blog?
- If you enjoy anime, what genre do you like? If not, what genre of movies or TV shows do you like?
- Do you value friendship more or do you value your love relationship?
- Why did you start the blog?
- What do you value more, centralized stuff that attract millions of views to your blog or topics that engage the reader despite not attracting much viewers for your blog?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Have you fell in love before?
- Given the chance, would you live in another country for the rest of your lives or stay? If yes, what country and why? If not, why not?
- What do you think of the otaku community in general?
- Do you prefer ice cream or chocolate or pudding?
- What is your greatest weakness? (Kryptonite not accepted as an answer.)
There you go! Enjoy your nomination and have a good time! Feel free to comment!